1. What data MWES needs
In general, you can visit MWES’ web site on the Internet without telling us who you are and without providing any Personal Data. There are times, however, where not providing the minimum necessary data as indicated in the relevant data entry sections and other pages in the relevant web site, or on contact with us may result in MWES not being able to provide you with certain services.
2. Why MWES collects Personal Data
Personal Data means any data related to an identified or identifiable person, such as your name, age, telephone number, e-mail and mailing address (“Personal Data”). MWES would like to collect, maintain and use your Personal Data to:
1. Fulfil its obligations under any service contract, including the processing of any payment, as well as any other contract with you.
2. Provide customer care, including services related to MWES businesses, such as warranty and after sales services.
3. Ask your opinions on MWES services and conduct service surveys.
4. Improve MWES services for you.
3. How MWES collects Personal Data
MWES collect data about you in several ways. For example, we might ask for your contact information when you correspond with us or request service.
Here are some of the most typical examples of how MWES collects your Personal Data:
1. When you register a product for service, we will collect your name, address data and the product or model name, where you purchased the product from etc.
2. When you submit your payment details to us.
3. Keeping a record of your contact details and any resulting financial transaction in the context of a repair.
4. If a repair is to be performed under the terns of the manufacturers warranty then we will need a hard copy of your purchase receipt. This must show the product identified by the model number, the date it was purchased and where it was purchased from. This is to comply with audits occasionally performed by certain manufacturers.
Data collected online may also be combined with data you provide to MWES at other times. For example calls to our call centre. The Personal Data you provide in these cases may be consolidated with existing databases and stored, so that our customer data management systems are simplified.
4. When MWES discloses Personal Data
MWES will not disclose Personal Data to third parties (“3Ps”) other than relevant companies, without your consent, except in the following cases:
Personal Data may be disclosed to 3Ps to enable the performance of contracts you are party to. MWES uses other companies to perform functions on its behalf, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. Such companies will have access to Personal Data needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purpose and are required to process the data in accordance with applicable law.
1. Do not use the Personal Data for any other purposes than those permitted;
2. Obtain and process Personal Data only on condition that they protect that Personal Data from unauthorised use and adopt and comply with similarly stringent policies and terms on Personal Data protection and use; and
3. Comply strictly with applicable laws.
5. Security of collected data
MWES intends to protect your Personal Data and to maintain its quality. MWES will use all reasonable efforts to take all appropriate technical and organisational measures and precautions to keep Personal Data it holds about you secure and protected from unauthorised access, use or alteration and unlawful destruction. Measures include using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data, such as credit card details. SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but us.
How MWES protects your data
1. We limit access to your Personal Data. Only those employees who need to come into contact with that data, to provide services to you, will do so;
2. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with regulations to protect your Personal Data
6. Access to your Personal Data
You have the right to access your Personal Data, and to rectify or delete inaccuracies in your Personal Data, and to object to the processing of your Personal Data.